International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC)
Lollypop Preschool is a dual curriculum preschool that simultaneously adopts both an International Curriculum and a National Curriculum that complies to the requirement of Indonesia's Ministry of Education. For the International segment, we use the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) from Fieldwork Education, United Kingdom. IEYC was launched in 2016 and Lollypop Preschool has started implementing this curriculum since 2018. IEYC is a world recognized curriculum that is used by preschools in 47 countries all over the world.
Why did we choose IEYC?
- It uses international best practices, holistic enquiry and play-based approaches and covers all curriculum areas and the Early Years Foundation Stage: cognitive, personal, social and emotional development.
- It is flexible and works alongside our National Curriculum while offering the structure required to suit all teachers.
- It is designed around 8 Learning Principles that Lollypop considers essential to children’s learning and development.
- It is available to all early years setting and requires no formal pre-qualification to be implemented.
- The learning units provided are based around exciting themes which capture children’s natural curiosity.
- It is an ideal tool for the transition phase between early years and formal education and can be extended to include older children in settings and countries where early year’s education goes beyond the age of 5.
- Assessment is done using observation and interactions by teachers, and children to achieve a holistic view on a child’s development recorded and monitored by teachers regularly.
International Early Years Curriculum Guiding Statement
The IEYC is an innovative research-based toolkit, recognising global best-practice and the developmental needs of 2-5 year olds. It supports key areas of learning through holistic enquiriy and play-based approaches encompassing all curriculum areas including personal, social and emotional development.
* Lollypop Preschool Sunter (Main Center) & Lollypop Preschool Bali branch are International Early Years Curriculum Accredited.* Other branches: Lollypop Menteng, Kelapa Gading, Pluit, Surabaya and Makassar uses an Eclectic Curriculum.